Rehoming A Pet:
Saved Me encourages folks to consider every option before surrendering your pet. Please ask for our advice. We will accept pets that are not able to stay in their home depending on available space and resources. We must be able to accommodate each animal’s needs and sometimes there may be a waiting list for admission to our adoption program. If we cannot help we will make every effort to refer you to someone who can. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment. A $75.00 fee is requested to help pay for initial veterinary costs.
Please include the following information when you email your request:
- Is the pet friendly with men?
- Is the pet friendly with women?
- Is the pet friendly with children?
- Is the pet friendly with cats?
- Is the pet friendly with other dogs?
- Is the pet friendly with strangers?
- Is the dog house trained / Is the cat litter box trained?
- Is the pet up to date with vaccines (rabies, distemper, etc)?
- Is the pet spayed or neutered?
- Does the pet have any health issues?
- Last time the pet has seen a veterinarian?
- Has the pet bitten or scratched anyone within the last ten days?
- How long have you had the pet?
- Are you able to bring the pet in to be evaluated?
- When would you like to bring the pet to us?
Evaluations are usually done between noon and 4pm, Monday through Saturday at our main shelter, 858 North 3rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123.
If you decide to rehome your pet on your own remember to have the pet seen at your veterinarian for an examination and have vaccinations updated prior to rehoming. Thoroughly check references and learn as much as possible about the background of the person you are giving your pet to.
Note that stray pets must be taken to Animal Care and Control so their owners may have a chance to look for them. In Philadelphia the address is 111 West Hunting Park Ave. We take many of the strays after the mandatory 48 hour hold period is over. Let us know about pets in need of rescue in shelters and we’ll do our best to help where possible. Specifics such as shelter name and location, photos and surrender numbers are helpful. Email email@example.com
Rescues and Shelters:
We rescue pets from overcrowded shelters nationwide and are always seeking new partners who need our help. Our 501 (c) 3 can be seen here . Our adoption application is here. Our adoption contract is here. If you are a shelter or rescue group looking for help placing pets in our program contact Ray@savedme.org. All pets are spayed or neutered, micro-chipped and vaccinated by our veterinarian. Dogs are heartworm tested. Cats are FeLV/FIV tested. Pets receive expert treatment at our partner veterinarians.