What does it take to volunteer? Only a warm heart and a little bit of time. As a non-profit organization, Saved Me depends on volunteers who donate their time and energy to help save and improve the lives of thousands of animals. Volunteering is as easy as it is rewarding for many reasons. You will have the satisfaction of knowing you are improving the lives of the animals while they await forever homes. And you’ll get lots of wags and licks of appreciation. There are lots of ways to make a difference for animals in need:
- Socialize the animals while they wait to find their forever homes.
- Walk the dogs around the neighborhood or play with them in our 800 square foot yard.
- Take photos and write descriptions about adoptable animals and post them on adoption sites—it gives them more exposure and a better chance of being adopted.
- Help with volunteer or adoption events by educating the public and potential supporters of Saved Me on our adoptable animals, programs and mission.
- Make the animals more adoptable by assisting in teaching the dogs cues, like “sit” and “down.”
- Help out in our office doing clerical work or fundraising activities.
Ready to join the volunteer team?
- We communicate with our volunteers via email, so please be sure to list a valid email address.
- If you are younger than 16 years old, please ask a parent to complete the application and volunteer with you.
- If you are 16 or 17, you will simply need a parent to sign the volunteer waiver.