What’s so great about adoption?
- It saves lives.
- It means you aren’t supporting pet stores and puppy mills.
- It saves you money—all of our animals are spayed/neutered, micro-chipped and examined by our veterinarians.
- It offers you a bigger selection—shelter animals come in all shapes ages, and sizes. So you’re sure to find one that’s right for you.
- It’ll make you happy—a shelter animal just wants to be loved. Give them the attention they need and you’ll get unconditional love in return.
- Saved Me will take back any of our adopted pets. We are committed to their future.
Your adoption saved me…
When you adopt from Saved Me, you don’t just save the life of your new pet—you also save the life of the homeless animal who takes her place here at the Save-a-Life Center. Everybody wins!
Visit our adoption center at 3rd and Poplar Streets in Philadelphia or attend one of our adoption events to meet some wonderful cats and dogs waiting for their forever home. Or browse through all of Saved Me’s adoptable animals to find your new best friend.
Some things to remember: Before you adopt, please provide one veterinary reference or three personal references. We also recommend you bring all your family members in to meet the animal, as well as schedule a time for your other dog(s) to meet him or her (if you have any). If you rent you should check with your landlord to see if you need permission to have a pet. Each adoption requires a small fee that includes the cost to spay or neuter, vaccinations, and a microchip.
Adult Dogs: $350.00
Senior Dogs: $225.00
Benefactor Dogs: $550.00
Download our adoption application. There is a non-refundable, $25 application fee that will be deducted from the adoption fee once you have adopted one of our animals.